Review of our decisions
If you disagree with our final decision after it is made, you can ask us to review it. A request for review should be made in writing within three months of being told of our decision.
- Review information sheet and request form (PDF version)
- Review information sheet and request form (rich text version)
The review will be conducted by a senior officer who was not involved in the original investigation of your complaint. The review will consider:
- the process adopted by the investigating officer and whether it was fair and adequate to address all the complaint issues you raised
- the merit of the officer's conclusions and whether they were properly explained to you.
The review officer may:
- uphold the decision of the original investigation officer
- change the decision of the original investigation officer
- send the matter back to the original investigation officer or another officer for further investigation.
The review officer will send you a letter advising you of the outcome of the review.
We will only review a matter once.