Information for non-English speakers

What we do

We help people sort out problems with the ACT Government.

We will listen to your story. If we can’t help, we will find out who can.

Our services are free and confidential.

Check if we can help you

Call us to tell us your story. We will:

  • listen to your complaint
  • decide whether we can help you.

If we can help we may ask you and the government agency for information to work out what happened. We don’t take sides and will listen to you and the agency.

If we can’t help you we will help you find out who can.

Contact us

If you are a non-English speaking person, we can help through the Translating and Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450.

Call us on 02 5119 5518 or email us at

If you need the support of a translator we can help you. We can organise a translating service which is free and confidential.

We also have information in many community languages on our brochures page.

If you would like help to make a complaint, let us know and we will do our best to help you. We can

  • call you back time at a time suitable for you during business hours
  • give you extra time to make your complaint.

You can also ask a friend or family member to help with making your complaint.